Sunday, July 29, 2007

Soul Fry Casa da Case

Soul Fry Casa is a nice place to go. I guess it would be the upmarket equivalent of the Irani. If ever there is something like a Irani diner then Casa would be it. The caveat here is that the food is not exactly inspired or exceptional but fairly competent. The non veg section is fairly large but the vegetarian selection is also quite good. The Fried Calamari was exceptionally fresh but the mutton sukha was average. Having gone there with a vegetablarian I had a taste of the Mangalorean Potato Spinach (Tasted like Aloo Palak but who am I to comment) and Okra Coconut Fry was quite good.

I do like to have my meals in peace but there was a live band on. (Somewhere a Mack wedding was missing it's singer). Standard rock numbers were being mutilated but the diners in general were having a blast singing along. I guess it's just me being reactionary....

No comments:

Post a Comment