Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Goa Portugesa : No Sa

I really hate it when a supposedly speciality cuisine restaurant serves you food which is so very clearly tweaked for the mass market. If I wanted that I would have gone to a blooming multi cuisine restaurant or a frigging five star. Not that the food was bad but my basic issue is that when I go to a Goan food place I expect to get authentic Goan food not Goan as done by someone who has never left Mumbai but read a lot about Goa. The crab cakes were delish but the rest of the food was good. Liver, Brain and Pomfret along with Squid. All done well but again not quite goan.

Incidentally I perhaps am becoming a cynic (Probably am) but really the thought of knowing who the host is or how he met his wife and what all he does is sickness inducing. All i want to do is know about the awards won or what he suggests we eat.

In one respect at least the place is Goan as the service was very Susegad.

1 comment:

  1. you're cribbing about their goan? then dont try their malu-tam. it's crap. the theeyal (mallu brown curry with small onions) is supposed to be fiery khatta-teekha. but the way culture portuguesa or whatever makes it, it's insipid and watery. their appams taste powdery. and of course, you have to endure the owner's ego-parade too, no? pure torture. i think veggie goan is what they are halfway decent at now.

    ReplyDelete