Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Apologies for long hiatus. Work happened.
Went to Flora at Worli after what seemed like a millenium. Vague memories of Flora being good from college days led to this rediscovery. Frankly should have left sleeping memories lie. The food was downright awful. Then only redeeming feature was the dipping sauce which was awesome. I wonder how would it taste spread on a vada pav. Hey fusion cuisine is supposed to be the new buzz word right ? The bacon wrapped prawns were awful, the rice was insipid and the less said about everything else the better. Suffice to say Flora failed. The upside was dessert at Banyan tree after.
Quick food tips try the pizza appam at Soam. Gruesomely good. Also the malpuas there. Very very very awesome
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Friday, July 09, 2010
1. Thali @ Vindhyas - Good food with everything unlimited. But VFM @ 900 bucks a thali all depends on perspective I guess
2. The matunga dosa wallah is back and then again disappeared. Pity - Egg dosas are a rarity in this city
3. Idli house in Kings Circle. Good Idlis and great variety. And of course particular soft corner since he makes Jackfruit idlis. Jackfruit is one of my favourite fruits
4. Sadichha - multiple visits. Still very good
5. Gajalee @ Phoenix - Nice but nothing inspirational
6. Asia 7 @ Phoenix - Great dimsums and a kick ass Caprioshka. Got quite smashed on those.
More i guess will be added
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
The menu was long and the atmosphere was warm. The waiter was friendly and the ordering was copious. The Mekong Whisky Fried Prawns I say, The Smoked Salmon Nori Sounds Good, The Oriental Crab Bisque sounds risque and bring on the Teppan Grilled Eastern Veg. The eating began and it was good. The wine from Hardy's said Riesling Gewurztraminer and it was drunk by the bottle. The Jura was 10 years old and that too was sipped. But ahead lay the main course.
The main course, The main course oh what shall we have for the main course. The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain but what about the course main ? Lead on The Wood Flavored Tender Ribs, Bring out the Grilled Lamb Chops, Lay Out the Prime Tenderloin steak and reinforce with the Tataki of Prime Beef. Prithee how can we forget the Bacon Wrapped Scallops or the Nori Maki Sushi.
That was the main course, that was the main course but then what about the dessert. The dessert, the dessert give the fat one his just desserts. The Hot Kahlua Chocolate Souffle is decent I heard vouched one. And twas twas. Glory Glory Halleleujah The Hot Kahlua Chocolate Souffle is absolute pleasure and sin. How can something like this be a mortal creation ?
The bill was long and the bill was onerous but the food was excellent and the desert extraordinary so the bill was paid.
The food was worth repeating but the bill the bill, the butcher's bill...