Monday, July 23, 2007

Crappy Chinese

Given that Chinese is now a recognized ethnic Indian cuisine can we please try and do better Indian chinese. The amount of places that do extremely crappy chinese is phenomenal. So much so that my expectation when ordering Chinese is the crappy sort. I can handle Punjabi Chinese (My explorations in La Land for Chicken Manchurian not withstanding) but all I ask is that it be done competently. So far my experiences in ordering Chinese have ranged from having coconut drizzled on top of my fried rice (It was a Udupi restaurant so somehow should have expected that) to Veg manchurian with fried aubergines as there was no cabbage available.

Anyway the main point of this extremely pointless post (oh all right Pointless blog too) is to say that the Chinese restaurant opposite Wanton house on Hill Road is quite quite crappy. Unpleasant experience to the level where I forgot the name of the restaurant, what I ate there and why. It's the kind of food where you feel extremely relieved post your next visit to the restroom that it's all come out safely without any major side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment