Friday, January 30, 2009

Theobroma - Brownies Mmmmm

A friend of mine is a brownie fiend. His dessert of choice is the brownie. Regardless of whatever place we eat in he would order a brownie. Even in those places where the brownie would have decomposed to the point of being like a Monginis cake. (More on Monginis later. Hopefully much much later) Anyway whilst this delhiite friend of mine was in Mumbai i introduced him to Brownie cottage. In retrospect perhaps I should have taken him to Theobroma. This place is in Colaba and is run by the proprietors themselves. Frankly I have always preferred these places to the corporate restaurant types as they offer much more entertainment and character. Anyway Theobroma is small but as the man says "Incredibly great". Everytime I go there I keep meaning to try something new but end up buying the brownies. Its one of the few places that offer a choice of brownies and all of them without exception are excellent. The brownies are soft and chewy and gooey and oh so so great. They go very well by themselves and I've never had the patience to heat them and then ice cream them and so forth. My personal favourite is the walnut brownie but then I like walnuts per se...

Incidentally the Diet police can please note that I did not have the brownies but I bought them for office and just had a crumb for tasting.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 PM

    thank you for that. i HAVE been wondering of late and worrying for the shape of poor mrs tikekar's heart (the lady at the gym, whaterverherrealnameis) when she reads your meal diary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm beginning to suspect i'm the only one lurking in these here corridors. be that as it may, my dear feller, WHAT ABOUT udaya and pradeep, i say? do they get no mentions at all??!!!???!

    ReplyDelete