Monday, October 15, 2007

Mahesh

I have fond memories of Mahesh. Some of my first sea food experiences have been at Mahesh (Thank you Arvind!!). For some obscure reason I stopped going there when it became cheaper to drink at a quarter joint and then do Vandana for dinner. Whatever happened to Vandana incidentally ? Great sea food at Mahim it used to have. Anyway last weekend went there and was somehow disappointed. Its not like the food was inedible or bad but just bleah. It was competent but nothing stuck in my mind. The Bombil fry was done the bawa way with the whole fish being fried and not flattened but Brittania is much better, Ladyfish fry was so so and the pomfret in green sauce is way better at Excellensea. The only thing that stood out for me was the yellow dal which was a weird hybrid between Sambar and Dal oh and of course the wine list had some very decent wines. We had a nice tart Chilean white which cost us 1200 bucks which was a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment